Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Jimmy's Killer(?) Prawns

Apologizing for the long and totally random intervals between my posts has become slightly redundant, so I am going to skip the formalities and get straight to my next review. Jimmy's Killer Prawns was one of the first dine-in options to open at my neighboring Mushrif Mall, and my friends and I decided to take one of our seafood appreciating (I won't say loving) friend there for her birthday.

We ordered three dishes that we shared amongst the five of us. The Jimmy's Original Prawns (spicy) came with 18 full prawns (head, eyes et al) and some finger-licking good, shallow gravy that I couldn't get enough of. The dish was AED 99, and while I enjoyed the little flesh I could salvage after throwing the shell, limbs and head off, this dish was a bit of a waste for me considering how much I discarded. Some of my friends happily sucked on the brains, but I wouldn't dare. It was also hard to not look past all the cholesterol on that plate. Our second dish was a prawn and ribs combo (AED 100+). The prawns were the same as the one in our previous dish, and I have had better ribs at the more humble Lebanese Flower. Our third pick of the evening was a steak dish. This was my first time having a medium cooked steak and I surprisingly enjoyed it. It was quite pink in the middle, but once I conjured up the courage to chew it, I found that it was more juicy and tender than its well-done counter part. Still, I'm not sure if I will be switching to medium cooked steaks permanently as I generally don't like my food resembling it's raw version.

My drink for the evening was my friend's rejected strawberry-mint mocktail which she switched with my Diet Pepsi. I particularly enjoyed the strong taste of both the key ingredients in the drink and I wasn't aware previously that strawberry and mint could go so well together!

The bill came up to almost 400 and it's definitly on the pricey side. While it was definitely a different exprience that I enjoyed (although company also played a big role in that), I don't think that I'll be going back there soon or ever. The prawns may be good, but they're not addictive.



No comments:

Post a Comment