Friday, October 31, 2008

My Favourite Things

BBQ Ranch Burger @ Chili's
Chili's is one of my favourite haunts, and even though I go there regularly, I haven't really had the chance to explore their menu as I almost always order the same thing since I start craving it the minute I step into the restaurant.


My Chili's staple: well-done BBQ Ranch Burger. The portion size is huge, and what you see in this ill-captured picture above is only a part of the entire meal since the lettuce is obscuring the pattie, while the generous portion of fries is hiding behind the burger. I am never able to finish this meal by myself, and I usually ask them to pack the fries. Eating this is a pretty messy affair, so I'd advise girls to avoid ordering this when they're trying to make a good impression on a date. I usually tackle it with a knife and fork since I can't open my mouth wide enough for this burger!
Price: AED 31
Available at: Mariah Mall, Khalidiyah Mall food court, Abu Dhabi

Worth the money? Hell yeah. But they should have an option of ordering a smaller portion that costs less.

Molten Chocolate Cake @ Chili's

Chili's famous Molten Chocolate Cake is something we always plan to have but never have the room for after the main course! My friends and I have dubbed it 'heaven on a plate' because it's exactly that. I love how this dessert combines cold, vanilla ice cream with steaming hot, moist chocolate cake. We usually have to plan ahead in order to incorporate this into our meal.
Price: AED 29
Available at: Mariah Mall, Khalidiyah Mall food court, Abu Dhabi
Worth the money? I would say so! But the price has risen steeply over the last few months.

Chilli Cheese Fries @ Fudruckers
I personally think Fudruckers pales in comparison to Chili's. I don't usually eat there, but when I do, I go for the Chilli Cheese Fries (pictured) or the California Roll. Although the Chilli Cheese Fries doesn't look too appetising in this picture, it tastes pretty good, and the cold ranch sauce accompanying it complements the very mildly spicy fries well. I have this as a main course although it is listed as an appetizer. The bacon (halal version made from beef) in the picture actually came with my friend's burger, but since she doesn't like it, I thought I'd give it a go. Their bacon is another item which is inferior to Chili's. You can actually see and taste the fat in this, while the Chili's version has less fat and more meat.
Price: AED 19
Available at: Wahda Mall food court, Marina Mall
Worth the money? Yes. It's one of the cheaper meals on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment