Friday, November 7, 2008

The Adventures resume

It's been a little over a week since I started this blog, and I've been slacking already! It's really hard to make time for anything these days. I had this window open for the last hour while I worked on a paper, and I'm finally doing what I had intended to finish last night even though it's way past my bedtime now. I'm taking this blog more seriously than my previous ones, mainly because it could actually be of some service to its readers unlike my angst-ridden, super personal blogs that I unsuccessfully tried to maintain in the not too distant past. Anyway...

Pralines'n Cream @ Baskin Robbins




I remember a time when Baskin Robbins was something to look forward to. Ever since they opened an outlet in my university cafeteria, I go out of my way to avoid having anything from there. When I do have a scoop or a drink, I rue over the fact that it just doesn't taste the way it used to. I used to appreciate BR a lot more when I wasn't familiar with their 31 different flavours or menu. Now, I don't even need to glance at the counter to know which tub is where, and that has killed the element of unpredictability I so treasure when it comes to desserts. On this particular occasion, I was forced to order something from there as I desperately needed change for a large note. I went for my old favourite, Pralines'n Cream topped with hot fudge, but didn't enjoy having it one bit.
Price: AED 8 for a kid scoop with toppings
Available at: All major malls and numerous outlets around the city (they have several in each street)
Worth the money? Only if you're really craving ice-cream.

Country-fried Steak @ Chili's

So I was at Chili's the other day and I decided to try something other than the BBQ Ranch burger for the sake of this blog. I had worked up quite an appetite after the long, tiring day I had, so I decided to go for the Country Fried Steak. Even though the place was packed, our food arrived within 20 minutes. The steak, topped with pepper sauce, came with mashed potatoes, garlic bread and corn on the cob. The mashed potato was fluffy and perfectly seasoned, while the steak was crispy yet easy to cut into, but the garlic bread was disappointing as it tasted a little stale. As usual, I found it challenging to finish everything on my plate because the portion size was huge (I hope you can tell from the picture!).
Price: AED 49
Available at: Khalidiyah Mall, Mariah Mall.
Worth the money? Yep, but like I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I wish they had an option for a smaller portion size that costs less!

No comments:

Post a Comment